Date Born: November 13, 1964
Place of Birth: Fairview Park, Ohio
Harvard University, B.A.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Georgetown University Law Center, M.S.
Short Senatorial Biography:
Senator Sullivan was elected to the Senate in 2014. He has currently not sponsored any bills. But, he has already distinguished himself landing spots on key committees such as the Armed Services Committee and the Veterans’ Affairs Committee.
Senator Sullivan has a stellar record of military and national security service. He currently serves as an infantry officer and Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves.
Over the past 21 years, Sullivan has served in a variety of command and staff billets on Active Duty and in the Reserves, including: TRAP Force Commander and 81mm mortar Platoon Commander, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable); Weapons Company Executive Officer, Second Battalion, Fifth Marines; Commanding Officer, Delta Company, Anti-Terrorism Battalion; Executive Officer, Echo Company, Fourth Reconnaissance Battalion; and Commanding Officer, 6th Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (ANGLICO).
Senator Sullivan was recalled to Active Duty in 2004, for a year and a half to serve as a staff officer to the Commander of U.S. Central Command, General John Abizaid. He spent most of the deployment in the Middle East, the Horn of Africa, and Central Asia. Again in July 2013, Sullivan was recalled to Active Duty, serving with a Joint Task Force in Afghanistan focusing on dismantling terrorist networks and criminalizing the Taliban insurgency.
Armed Services Committee
– Subcommittee on Airland
– Subcommittee on Personnel
– Subcommittee on Seapower
Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee
– Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
– Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
– Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
– Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
– Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure,
Safety, and Security
Environment and Public Works Committee
– Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management, and Regulatory Oversight
– Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife, Chair
Veterans’ Affairs Committee